You will: Support the General Manager in leading and developing the retail teams to deliver outstanding customer service; Inspire the retail team to drive sales and increase spend per head; Act as a Duty Manager in the absence of General & Assistant Manager, taking responsibility for the smooth running of the entire site; Undertake various administration activities from stock management to cashing up.
Hourly rate of £8.50 - £9 depending on experience + Bonus scheme
General Application - Any Department
We are a growing business and are always interested to hear from talented individuals who want to pursue a career in cakes, to build their career with like-minded colleagues and be a part of our future!
As well as Salary benefits of working at Konditor & Cook include
• Performance related bonus • 60% Staff discount • 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) • Subsidised gym membership • Regular company socials and staff events • The opportunity to grow and develop your career
Tell us a bit about yourself and the kind of role(s) you are interested in and we’ll keep your details on file until we have a role we think may be relevant for you. Many of our current team joined us in this way, so we do encourage you to take the time to apply!
Cake Shop Assistants
We’re looking for customer focused Retail Assistants with the WOW factor for various positions in our Central London sites.
About the Job: • You will provide warm and engaging service to our loyal customer • You’ll take orders, describe our products, package and handle payments and make delicious coffee • You’ll take every opportunity to provide a memorable experience and recommend products that will delight our customers • You’ll convey a passion for our fantastic cakes and savoury food (this bit is easy!
About You: • Passion for great customer service, great people and great food • A ‘people person’ with an engaging and fun communication style • A team player who is always looking to learn and develop
£8/h inc bonus (after 13 weeks)
Graduate Operations Development Assistant
Are you a recent graduate looking to work in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment? Are you passionate about cake? If so, we may have the perfect role for you.
We are Konditor & Cook, the ‘21st Century’ family cake business. We need your help in making our big plans for the future come to fruition. Our company mission is to ‘Bring Joy’, and in doing so we bake and create magical cakes with the ‘WOW’ factor. We create this experience by using skilled craftsmanship and high quality ingredients.
• You will fulfill an active role in designing, training, implementing and managing new standards, processes & systems • You will help improve internal monitoring and analysing of Key Performance Indicators by developing and maintaining operations reports • You will research, develop and plan projects like new site openings, procedural change and campaign rollouts • You will support the Operations team in managing variable costs accounts, maintaining efficient budgets and providing reports & analysis
• Degree educated or equivalent relevant experience • Demonstrable evidence of being part of an effective team • Strong, effective & clear communication skills • Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills • Excellent organizational & time management skills • Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment • A flexible, adaptive & positive attitude
• A Change, Operations or Project management qualification • Experience of training others • A passion for working with cakes & food • Experience managing multi-layer relationships (i.e. at all levels of the business) • Experience with procurement • Confident in communicating with others in larger groups
• Competitive Salary and Performance related bonus • 60% Staff discount • 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) • The opportunity to grow and develop your career • Subsidised gym membership • Free Eye-Test & £45 towards DSE spectacles if required • Regular company socials and staff events as part of our Joy Fund • A cake on your birthday (our favourite benefit)
For more info on Konditor & Cook see our website.
How to Apply:
Click apply and fill in our application form, upload your CV and write us a short covering letter detailing why you are the right person for this role.
We’re looking for a skilled enthusiastic cake decorator to work at one of our Central London sites.
About the Job •Setting and finishing our famous sponge cakes such as the Curly Whirly and our legendary magic cakes. •Inscribe customers custom messages and make bespoke cakes • To undertake general kitchen duties in support of your section (eg. setting up and clearing away baking equipment , cleaning and organising fridges) • Stock-taking for the section and similar administrative duties .
About You • Broad decorating experience, including work with marzipan and royal icing • Ability to meet challenging and last minute bespoke customer requests. • Friendly and engaging communication style • Attention to detail and high standards • Passion for great customer service, great people and great food .
Wage is £8.30 - £9.50/hour depending on experience.
Baking and Decorating Internship
About Working Here This is not a paid internship, but you will be offered the following • 60% Staff discount • Travel expenses paid for up to £40 a week • The opportunity, vacancy permitting, of a position in the company
About the internship • You will be actively part of our team for 12 weeks. We run a whole year round program, so there are always internship positions available. • You will work in both our decorating and bakery section • You will learn all aspects of cake making, from preparing doughs to finishing and inscribing cakes
About You • Passion for great customer service, great people and great food • Friendly and engaging communication style • Attention to detail and high standards • Experience of baking and decorating preferred